How to choose your ham
For your best choice
Ham or Paleta? With bone or sliced? …
To get the best option right, you have to be clear about a series of points beforehand to always maintain an optimal consumption and the best quality in the product (see also consumption and conservation below).
The choice depends on OUR CONSUMPTION. That the least amount of time passes from the beginning of a piece until it is finished is the most important.
First of all, we must be clear if we know how to cut, or we dare to learn. Cutting by hand is not difficult, but you have to do it well to maintain the quality of the ham (Click on this link to follow some tips of the correct knife cut).
– If someone will cut the piece, we must take into account whether the consumption will be individually or in pairs. In this case we recommend a palette.
– If it is a family with several members, the ham is passionate and often consumed, we recommend a ham.
– When there are special dates or celebrations with family and friends, it is also a good idea to have a ham. Remember that it is important that you spend as little time as possible in your consumption to always obtain the best quality. If this is not the case, then a palette is also a good idea. At this point, you want to surprise your guests with a good ham, but you do not want to or can not cut it by machine, a hand-cut ham and packaging in envelopes will also be useful. of 100gr. to the vacuum You can find it in DELIGOUR.
– If you like the knife cut but you are afraid to cut a whole piece with bone, we recommend a boneless piece. It also takes up less space. To decide between a ham or boneless shoulder, we will follow the previous points. You can find specific ham holders for boning in our accessories section.
– When our consumption is sporadic and you like a plate of ham over the weekend, we recommend buying it already cut and packed. Of course, it is very important to consume it in its best conditions, and that involves aerating it for 10 minutes if the envelope is kept in the fridge. You have to consume it at a correct temperature.
I want to give a Ham
– A great gift that stands out and my budget is high. An acorn ham.
– A good detail with an average budget. An Iberian ham from field bait or an acorn-fed shoulder.
– I want to look good with a budget not so high. A good white ham or an Iberian shoulder of field bait.
Weddings, banquets, parties or large celebrations. The ham is always the protagonist and you can not fail.
If you are a company or a hospitality professional, contact us. We will attend you.
Do not know the qualities? Follow the next point.
Quality and price are resolved by several variables, all of them equally important, during the different stages from the birth of the pig to its preparation. The genetics of the animal, its feeding (the law controls only the last 60 days of life), and healing are determining factors.
All the pieces in DELIGOUR have an added value. They are 100% natural, from Iberian pigs fed on natural grass in the pasture and acorns during the montanera, always living in freedom.
Pieces totally selected by professionals and that have been elaborated and cured in traditional cellars, drying naturally with the winds of the mountain range, without any type of additive or added preservative. The months of healing are specified in the descriptions of each reference. Buying ham DELIGOUR is the guarantee of maximum quality.
The Iberian hams are then classified according to their genetics, breeding and feeding in 4 colors that will be visualized in a seal established by the Iberian standard. Any ham or shoulder that is not marked by one of these precincts, can not use the word “Iberian” in its products.
– Black: 100% Iberian acorn-fed ham.
– Red: Iberian acorn-fed ham (75% or 50%).
– Green: Iberian Ham bait (100%, 75% or 50%).
– White: Iberian Cebo Ham. (100%, 75% or 50%).
In DELIGOUR you will not find pieces of bait with the white seal. They are Iberian fed and raised intensively on farms and therefore we believe that they do not meet the best conditions to achieve the highest possible quality. Do not trust the cheapest prices. Quality has a price and making a good ham can reach 6 years from the birth of the animal.
Information for the best consumption and conservation
1. Remove the sleeve or sack of the ham as soon as possible to aerate and get an optimum aroma, flavor and texture. It is advisable to let it rest a few days before cutting and consumption.
2. The slices must present a bright and fine appearance. Its appropriate measure would resemble that of a visa card.
3. When cutting, the edges should always be clean of skin. In this way you will avoid rancid flavors.
4. It is recommended to consume the ham at an ambient temperature (20-22º C). If the ham comes in a vacuum package, open it and let it aerate for at least 10 minutes.
5. The piece of ham should be kept in a cool and dry place, where the temperature is approximately 16 to 18 º C and the relative humidity does not exceed 75%.
6. The place where the ham rests should be protected against insects (pantry, cellar). Do not hang it outdoors or near the fruit or vegetable.
7. If the ham is going to be consumed at different times, it is advisable to cover the surface of the cut with kitchen paper and a dry cotton cloth. It is common to cover it with fat cuts, but these can influence its flavor). Recall that the best way to prevent the piece from drying out, is to consume it when earlier better. Otherwise it is better to opt for a palette or packaged envelopes.